January 21, 2013, I purchased (in cash) a bedroom, matteress set, and tv chest.My delivery was scheduled for Friday, February 1, 2013, between 10:00am-2:00pm.

They delivered the furniture a little before 1:00pm. The Driver of the furniture were nice and respective. While sitting up the furniture one of the Drivers asked me why I did not purchase a box spring for the bed. I told him I did and showed him my receipt.

The Driver called the sales office to report the boxspring missing and the mirror cracked. After that I was informed that I had to schedule another delivery date of the boxspring and another mirror. On February 8, 2013, I was scheduled for another delivery date of the furniture. I took another day off from work for a delivery date between the hours of 1:00pm-5:00pm.

On the second scheduled date the Drivers arrived at about 4:45pm (I know the time because I was entertaining family). The same Drivers from the pervious delivery arrived, always respectful, with my boxspring and mirror. Again, there was a problem, the mirror again, was cracked. Now, I am not happy.

The Driver again reported the problem to his Office, I inturn spoke to his Office (Brenda) and respectfully, let her know I was happy with the service that required me to take another day off from work. Another deliver date was to be scheduled to replace another cracked mirror. Less than an hour after the Drivers left with the damaged mirror a family member and I went to the Marlo Furniture Store, Forrestville, Md, discuss this issue (Pete, Corporate Manager). I asked him was the furniture checked for damages before being delivered, he said "yes, and if there is any damage to any furniture it was the fault of the Drivers and they have to pay for the damage"; sound crazy, but ok.

I asked the Driver and they said no. The boxes the Drivers delivered was not opened. Now, here we are for a third delivery, today, March 1, 2013, I took off from work again for a delivery time of 3:00pm-7:00pm. I should have been put first on the list and I am appreciative of the fact that delivery time is after 5:00pm.

No, one should be delivery furniture to anyone after 5:00pm. I am not happy with the service and the fact that I have not been compensated for this inconvenience, as stated I would be. This is unacceptable and bad business for Marlo. The only thing, I will say, is that Marlo will no longer have my business.

About 10-years ago I had a miner problem with Marlo service, but I would think that after all these years there was some improvement.I have lost time from my job in dealing with this issue.

Had an Experience with Marlo Furniture?

Comments